Healing At The Speed Of Light!
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), also known as soft laser or cold laser, is a form of electrotherapy utilizing the precise and accurate, safe and painless application of helium/neon, red and near-infrared concentrated beams of laser light energy over acupuncture points, injuries or wounds to help the body heal itself by improving soft tissue healing, reducing swelling and inflammation, relieving both acute and chronic pain and ultimately improving one’s health. LLLT uses cold (sub-thermal) laser light to direct bio-stimulative photon energy to penetrate through the skin to be absorbed into the body's cells, without injuring or damaging them in any way. Laser therapy is highly effective, with a purported "cure" rate of >95%, is non-invasive and non-toxic, promotes the healing of damaged tissue, and has no reported side effects.
How Does Low-Level Laser Therapy Work?
Low-level lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light allowing the body to effect it's own repairs. Light is transmitted through the skin's layers (the dermis, epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue or fat tissue under the skin) at all wavelengths in the visible range. However, light waves in the near infrared ranges penetrate the deepest of all light waves in the visible spectrum. When low-level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin, they optimize the immune responses of our blood. The bio-stimulating effect of laser therapy is in its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-edematous effect on tissues. It is a scientific fact that light transmitted to the blood in this way has positive effects throughout the whole body with an absolute increase in micro-circulation, higher rates of ATP,
LLLT is precise and accurate; and offers safe and effective treatment for a wide variety of conditions. The energy range of low-level laser light lies between 1 and 500 mW (milliwatts), while for surgical lasers the energy range lies between 3000 and 10000 mW.
Statistically, the number of treatments required and the length of treatment times will vary with regard to the etiology of the individual problem, and, if other therapeutic modalities are utilized in conjunction with laser phototherapy. Just as every medical condition varies, so will the individual response to therapy. Low-level laser therapy does not require constant ongoing treatments, as is often required with other traditional physiotherapeutic modalities. The onset of pain relief as a result of treatment also varies, depending on each patient's response to LLLT. At the Matrix Wellness Centre, we utilize one of the most powerful therapeutic laser therapy systems in the world: Theralase.
Theralase’s super-pulsed dual laser technology has been ranked as one of the finest therapeutic laser technology platforms in the world by independent researchers due to its proven ability to activate numerous cellular pathways, simultaneously. Activation of these cellular pathways by the Theralase laser leads to a host of benefits for patient conditions, including elimination of pain, reduction in inflammation, new tissue growth and new nerve axon growth.
The technology of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is designed as a non-invasive and non-toxic therapeutic treatment for the safe and effective treatment of:
1. Acute and chronic pain
2. Musculoskeletal conditions
3. Wound healing
4. Knee and joint restoration
The following outlines the specific effects of Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT):
1. RAPID CELL GROWTH: Laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth
2. FASTER WOUND HEALING AND CLOT FORMATION: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development, accelerates collagen and muscle synthesis in damaged tissue
3. INCREASED METABOLIC ACTIVITY: The immune response is stimulated with higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP), leading to better quality, strength and speed of tissue repair
4. REDUCED FIBROUS TISSUE FORMATION: Laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or post-surgery
5. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY ACTION: Laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to provide enhanced joint mobility
6. INCREASED VASCULAR ACTIVITY: Laser light induces vasodilation causing increased blood flow and oxygen to damaged areas, improves lymphatic drainage to reduce inflammation and swelling, and, generates new and healthy cells and tissue
7. STIMULATED NERVE FUNCTION: Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser light speeds the process of peripheral nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Additionally, LLLT helps to relieve symptoms and pain.